A driving license is a legal authorization or an official document that confirms that its holder is authorized to one or more types of motor vehicles. It’s essential to receive a driver’s license to abide by the road safety rules in India. In India, it’s mandatory to have a driving license to drive on public roads or any highways. Besides being identity proof, it also helps to have a motor insurance policy.
As per the New Motor Vehicle Act 2019, if one is caught without any valid driving license while driving on any public road or highways, he will be charged INR 5000 straightaway. Although one may apply for a driver’s license online, he has to visit the Regional Transport Office (RTO) to give driving tests.
Ways to Check Your Driving License Status in an online method.
It is a fast and efficient and most importantly completely safe way to check your driving license status online. It will take hardly a few minutes, instead of going to the RTO. There you could have to wait for a long time and it is undoubtedly a very tiring process. Most states have their official transport department website. Click here to check your driving status license.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highway has invented the Sarathi Platform. Anyone who has applied for a driving license or is a holder already can access all the related information they need.
- Go to https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Tap the “Online Services” tab.
- Tap the “Driving License Related Services” tab.
- A drop-down menu will pop up. They ask for your state.
- Select the state.
- Select “Apply Online”
- Select “Application status”
- Give “Application Number”, “Date of Birth”, “Captcha code”
- You can also check your driving license status from the state transport official website. Just search for the official state transport website.
- Select the “Citizen’s Corner” tab.
- Select “Services” then select “E-Services”.
- Select “Local Govt and Utilities-Driving License”.
- Select “Driving license and learner license services”
- Select “Application status”.
- Give “application number”, “date of birth” and “captcha”.
- Other than the Sarathi platform or the state official website, you can also check via this website.
- .Go to https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- On the Home page, they will ask you the state from where you took the driving license.
- Select the state.
- Upon selecting the state, the home page will open. There you will have plenty of options.
- Under the “Driving License” tab on the left-hand side → tap to expand the options under the “Apply Online” tab → tap the option “Application status”.
- You will be asked to fill in the Application number and your birth date upon selecting the option “Application Status”.
- Doing so, click on the “submit” option.
- After submitting the information, the status of your driving license application will be shown on your screen.
- If someone wishes to check driving license status in offline mode, he should visit the regional transport office (RTO). There he may get a form to fill up and thereby get the required information.
Things to Keep in Mind
A minimum time of two weeks is required after an applicant clears the driving license test to launch a driving license. Usually, the driving license is delivered to the address to which the applicant has registered, within a month after passing the test at RTO. It may happen that its arrival might get delayed: usually because of some verification processes or maybe some postal service malfunction.
Thus the regional transport office recommends their applicants to browse their driving license status after two weeks. However, if you don’t get information on your Driving license after two weeks or more, then you must visit the regional transport office.
Our government is still working on the efficiency of online methods to keep track of one’s driving license status, even though the current platforms are working decently. With further improvements, one can access the required information very easily at the tip of their finger.