PPF (Public Provident Fund) is a long-term investment scheme that provides attractive interest rates and returns on your invested amount. In PPF, the earned interest and returns are not taxable under the income tax act.
PPFs are considered a favourite scheme or investing option among investors, as their returns are tax-free. In short, it is a savings cum tax savings investment option that permits the investors to create a retirement corpus while saving on tax annually.
Here the role of the PPF calculator comes, which helps to calculate the tax saving investment option. In this article, we will tell you about the PPF calculator and how to use it.
If you want to know such details, you should read the article properly and get a complete understanding.
What is the PPF calculator?
PPF calculator is an online free tool that helps to calculate the PPF maturity amount and returns earned on it. This calculator tool will give you an idea of how much returns you earn on your investment amount in your PPF account.
Once you decide the amount that you invest on a regular basis, the PPF calculator considers the tenure and determines the interest rate to calculate the returns.
How to use the PPF calculator
Here are the simple ways to use the PPF calculator. All you must do is enter the accurate values in the given fields. Read the following steps to learn how to use the PPF calculator.
- Under the “frequency of investment field,” click on the drop-down menu. You will see the many options under the menu, like monthly, quarterly, yearly, and half-yearly.
- Select the option from the drop-down menu, based upon your convenience of how you can deposit in the PPF account.
- Enter the amount you want to invest in your PPF account in the financial year under the option “yearly deposit amount.”
- The current interest rate will be given by default based on the information that you furnish.
- Tap on total and drag the point towards the right, depending upon the number of years you want to invest in the PPF account. The default option in the PPF calculator is 15 years. On the right side of the slide, you are able to see the numeric value selected by you.
What are the benefits of investing in PPF?
Here are the following benefits of investing in PPF
- Risk-free returns because returns on PPF are not dependent upon market volatility.
- Tax deduction under the income tax act
- Long-term investment of 15 years
- Advance and loan against PPF balance
- Compounded interest rates
- Low investment amount, minimum INR 500
- Partial withdrawal facility from the 7th financial year
PPF is a risk-free investment. The lock-in period of PPF is 15 years. This article tells you about the step-by-step process of using the PPF calculator. Here you also learned about the benefits of investing in PPF. Once you input some basic details into your PPF calculator, you will get the results immediately.
Where? ,mention website